Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop - A Sara Thing Kit

Good morning...and welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop - a brand new hop featuring alternative designs for Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kits!

Image may contain: text

And...in celebration of Paper Pumpkin's 4th birthday April's kit was inspired and designed by Stampin' Up! CEO Sara Douglass...which makes this hop all the more exciting!  I've created two CAS cards with this month's kit...aptly named A Sara Thing...so let's get started!



One of the things I love about this kit is its clean lines and bright, fun colors...including the envelopes!  Here, I've paired washi tape (included in the kit) with a fun accent piece...cut from the envelope...and a bold, repeating sentiment to create this Dad card.  It's masculine and fun...and perfect for Father's Day.  Or...you could switch out the sentiment for a teacher or friend, too!


For Mom, I also used the envelope...this time as DSP to create my focal point.  I again used the striped inside...and the envelope outside provided an awesome base for my sentiment.  I LOVE the envelope's outside "splatter print"...perfect for this card.  All that was left was to add the pink, sparkly flower and two-toned leaves...also included in the kit.


Thanks so much for joining the new A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!  I hope you'll hop through to see all of the amazing projects!  I know you'll want to hop over to see what Megan has for you next.  It's sure to be fabulous!

No automatic alt text available.


But wait...before you hop...there's more...a BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY!

To be entered into a drawing for a FREE "A Sara Thing" Paper Pumpkin Kit, you just leave a comment on EVERY blog. Drawing closes on Saturday, April 29th at 9 PM EST. The winner will be announced on Monday, May 1, 2017.

So...if you're like me and love a list of blog participants...especially when there's a giveaway...I've got that for you, too! Good Luck!


Sue Plote - THAT'S ME!

40 comments:

  1. Super cute card designs -- The washi against the printed cs looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute set!!!! I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the multiple BEST on the dad card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dad card! nataliewoll2902@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made both HIS and HERS cards! (great minds think alike, right?) Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must admit, you don't discriminate! I really like what you did with your cards. What Dad doesn't want to feel like he's the BEST? Or MOM for that matter! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great easy cards for Mother's and Father's Days! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish my dad were alive to send the father's day card to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like seeing all of the cards as I ho along. But, I especially enjoy seeing the clean and simple, since that is usually my style and my comfort zone. It never ceases to amaze me of ideas that are so good, like repeating the same stamp, that I come across in a hop that I have not used in such a long time. Hopefully, at the end of the day I will remember the inspiration from your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new Lemon Lime Twist, especially with the black. Can hardly wait to get my hands on some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice cards ... the multiple use of BEST was great as was using the envelopes for the card fronts! Thanks for sharing these. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice cards!! Thanks for sharing you ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really liked the repeated stamping of Best it just pops the message

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the look of the washi tape. Clean lines and simple styled cards..yet so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sue! I love that you have shown how this kit can be used to make a masculine or a feminine card! Both cards turned out fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm so happy to be hopping with you! Can't wait to see what you have in store next month! Cheers! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool! I love the black on black :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the idea of stamping "best" several times. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Liked the repeating stamp and masculine card. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love using the liners of the envelopes and that color combination. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute like his & hers ideas thanks for sharing
    alyse

    ReplyDelete
  23. Did you mean to two tone both leaves or just one? I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome cards! I'm going to use the best dad card idea for a teacher card. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice "Dad" card. He must be the very BEST! He must be very proud of his daughter. You are very creative. Thanks for that idea with the Paper Pumpkin kit.

    ReplyDelete